This section provides you with latest information on Nucleonica training courses. - What is Nucleonica? - Nucleonica Brochure See previous Nucleonica training course proceedings - Previous Training Course Proceedings
About the Course
The next training course will take place on 5-6 April 2017 at the CERN, Switzerland. This is a dedicated Nucleonica training course for CERN staff.
Course Title: Introduction to Nucleonica: Core Applications and Tools
Who should attend
The course is aimed at persons who provide technical support (measurements, interpreting results, drawing conclusions, making recommendations) for the actions in response to environmental radioactivity issues, nuclear security, decommissioning, etc. The course is suitable, for example, for physicists, radio-chemists, health physicists, technical experts etc. from the nuclear industry, nuclear research organizations, universities, regulatory authorities and nuclear medicine institutes. Completion of this course will enhance and support nuclear related decision-making as well as provide formal academic principles in nuclear science. Course requirements are a basic knowledge on physics and chemistry.The course will be held in English.
What makes this course unique is the emphasis on interactive and hands-on learning through the use of NUCLEONICA - a suite of powerful and versatile web-based applications for calculations on radionuclides and their radiation. With examples, exercises and dedicated case studies, a whole variety of core and topical issues in nuclear science and technology will be presented by experts in their respective fields.
For further information contact the course secretary: email@example.com
Access to the Nucleonica Portal for Course Participants
1) Please register for free access to the Nucleonica nuclear science portal. Go to www.nucleonica.com and click on "Free Access" and "register as a nucleonica user". You will be sent an email with your login and password. Help with Nucleonica registration
2) Once you have logged in, please change your login and password in "Edit Preferences" (for more details go on the link above)
3) Please activate your profile and upload a photo of yourself in "My profile". This makes the community pages much more personal (for more details go on the link above).
4) Go to "My Groups". Join the group (make sure you have activated your profile first - otherwise you can't be "seen" in the group). Get to know other participants and lecturers.
5) The latest information will be posted on the forum.
Pages in category "Training"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.